Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cups
Gluten-free Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cups
Dr. Vikki’s assistant chef walks you through the easy steps of making vegan chocolate pumpkin cups. These are healthy and delicious.
1 cup organic coconut oil melted
1 cup organic cocoa powder
5 tablespoons organic maple syrup or date syrup (for the chocolate) and 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup or date syrup (filling)
¼ cup coconut butter melted
¼ cup organic cashew butter or organic almond butter
⅓ cup organic pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
1 teaspoon of salt (to taste)
1. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, and 3 tablespoons maple syrup. Taste it, and add more maple syrup if you want it sweeter.
2. Pour a small amount of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of each liner, until the bottom is thinly covered. Don’t use more than half the chocolate mixture for this. Place the liners in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to harden.
3. While the chocolate hardens, now is the time to make your filling. Stir together the melted coconut butter, cashew butter, 2 tablespoons maple syrup or date syrup, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and salt.
4. After the bottom layer of chocolate is hard, place about 1 heaping tablespoon of the filling over the chocolate. Pour enough of the chocolate mixture over the coconut butter to cover it completely. Repeat until all are covered in chocolate. Garnish as desired (sprinkle some spice or cocoa on top). Return to the refrigerator to harden completely.
5. Store at cool room temperature, or in the refrigerator.
Inspired by Bakerita Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cups!